modo delivers the next evolution of 3D modeling, painting and rendering in a single integrated and accelerated package for the Mac and PC. And now, modo is a true end-to-end solution that includes true 3D sculpting tools, animation and network rendering! More than just features, modo is a truly elegant integration of technology, raw horsepower and refined workflow.
Portable Luxology modo 601.50673
Free 300 GB with Full DSL-Broadband Speed!
Feature of the program is powerful but intuitive tool for designing complex geometric shapes using podrazdelnyh surfaces. Over the years the product was gradually transformed into a fully versatile package.
The program's interface offers a great setting almost all the work items. Highly sought will be preinstalled in its navigational styles that best approximate the principles of interaction with the tools to the methods practiced in 3DS Max, Maya, and other similar decisions. For convenience, all the key technological transitions (drawing, animation, rendering, etc.) made in separate modules.
Luxology Modo 601 - allows you to move beyond the traditional three-dimensional workflow, completely immersing you into the work. Luxology Modo 601 is a new step in the evolution of 3D-modeling, painting and rendering in a single package. Luxology Modo 601 - Through this solution, which includes these tools 3D-modeling, animation and network rendering!
• Polygonal modeling and podrazdelnoe surfaces
• The exact design of the geometry
• Two types of tools for model building: the grid and based on the graphic image
• UV editing world
• Powerful and flexible system of drawing for 2D and 3D
• Fast rendering
• Model and full rendering of details
Polygonal modeling and simulation of SDS.
The use Bindings tools / Snapping at the Center for Action / Action Center and instruments Recession / Falloffs gives more precision and control in the simulation.
Tools for Vertex / Vertex, Reber / Edge or Polygon / Polygon, you need to create a world-class models, willing to work for you as you want. At any time, the surface can be transformed:
1) in the Division / Subdivision / SubD using classical algorithms modo;
2) in the Pixar-SubD with the ability to adjust the sharpness of a smoothed surface and the level of detail for modeling mode Multi-Razresheniya/Multi-Resolution.
Intelligent Selection Tools / Selection Tools anticipate what part of the model you want to work and set up a system of Action Centers / Action Centers and Falloffov / Falloffs for the selected tool. The functionality of bindings / Snapping and Working Planes / WorkPlane for as flexible, allowing most users of modo-model in one viewport.
modo allows an accurate construction of the geometry, using the bindings / Snapping it to the existing geometry or to points on the working plane / WorkPlane. You can also easily align the work plane / WorkPlane on any selected element geometry - Pinnacle / Vertex, edge / Edge, Polygon / Polygon - or set.
Consider the most basic tools Drawing / Painting in modo. Pen tool / Pen, which allows you to place tops / Vertex to create geometry. When painting in modo displays clear direction to be able to create a right angle, or helping to arrange the vertex / Vertex so that it was on the line created by the previous two vertices / Vertex.
Similarly, you can move or rotate the existing points of the model with a binding / Snapping to other Pinnacle / Vertex, edge / Edge, Mid-Rib / Edge Center, Polygon / Polygon, Polygon or Center / Polygon Center.
What you can use the unit? You can customize the modo to work in any units, what you want. And you can type in a string 4m +6 in and get the result (4 feet + 6 inches).
Simulations using the Profile / Profile
In order to improve operations based on the duplication of the surface, you can use 1-D and 2-D Profiles / Profile. You can select any Profile / Profile and use it to create objects such as railings or a pitcher. You can also create their own profiles / Profile of straight or curved lines for later reuse.
Replicators / Replicator
Replicators can create a copy of any geometric object or group of objects on the surface of another object by controlling the amount of their scale and orientation. Can be used to add shells to the hull or to create a forest.
modo can help you create a new geometry using CAD as a basis for a dense grid. You can easily create a grid with the required density ranges. When you create or convert the new geometry, it may be limited by the background geometry.
To create a perfectly textured models, you can use the editing tools UV-world level. Legendary UV-Editor in modo gives you the ideal conditions for work. In many cases, it is as simple as clicking a mouse. Click and ready UV scan. With modo, you can build a map of UV / UV Map, and then create a map of Morph / Morph Map with a new topology without changing your UV map.
Need more control over the UV? Interactive tool Relax / Relax adaptively relax Map UV / UV Map, minimizing the angular distortion and the distortion of space. Even the holes in the grid (eg, eyes) will be handled properly in most cases. When overlapping parts of the UV-Map, they will be highlighted in red for easy detection.
Toolpipe. Creating a custom tool.
modo Toolpipe allows you to create an infinite number of options for specialized modeling tools, and selection, which you can assign hot keys. With Toolpipe, you can combine a wide range of powerful tools for modeling Falloffs and Action Center in new combinations to customize harrakter impact on the geometry. You can use the tools in modo standard, or you can use to create Toolpipe individual set of tools that will work the way you want.
Powerful, flexible working drawing in 2D and 3D, through the multiple images and UV-scans.
modo uses the GPU and multi-threading, supports OpenGL, letting you draw in the viewport to see the changes on the 3D model. Detail can be done using normal maps / Normal Maps, displacement maps / Displacement Maps. In modo you can draw directly on the model, which is very convenient, as you can see exactly where the paint. Or you can draw in 2D on the UV Map / UV Maps or the background image / Backdrop Item. modo delivers the right combination of performance, features, tools and feedback for perfect 3D-drawing.
In modo you can use a variety of brushes, customize and create your own. What gives you incredible results. All this is done with ease.
Quick access to the tools
Specialized Paint tab for 3D drawing provides quick access to the tools. Drawing is done by combining the tools, for example, and Smudge brush, such Smooth Brush, as well as the selection of inks, such as Parametric Ink. The panel from the bottom of the browser viewport contains images that would draw pictures, color palette to choose Color Picker and a window for setting predosmotra brushes. Preview of Photoshop brush stroke shows how it will look like on the surface of 3D objects. You can draw any input device, but the pressure-sensitive tablet Wacom - is preferable. Supports drawing of symmetry with. To change the brush size simply move the cursor while holding the right mouse button.
Brushes and Paints
A wide range of tools including Airbrush, Paintbrush, Eraser, Clone, Line, Fill, Smudge, Blur and the Lasso. Each tool has a set of properties, which includes not only color but also the opacity / Opacity and Blending Modes / Blending Modes. Provides several types of brushes Stamp, Roller, Text, Procedural or you can add your own brush and select it in the browser Brushes / Brush Browser. Finally, there is ink / Inks they offer different possibilities of drawing the image of the model to the use of Image Ink Ink Parametric / Parametric Ink, which can form a color from the heights zavisimoyati Displacement / Displacement Height surface, Tilt / Slope and Elevation Surface / Altitude. You can also paint with a brush mask to control the mixing of two different images.
Drawing on the layer
Visualization in modo manages Tree Shadows / Shader Tree, which is an element of the modo interface and is used to describe the display settings and the surrounding objects in your scene, as well as interact with light and camera. Any image that is selected in the Shader Tree is immediately available for drawing.
With direct access to the image of the Tree of Shadows / Shader Tree, you can use 3D drawing to create a complex surface, setting up layer by layer. This applies not only to give a new color, you can also draw a bump map / Bump Maps in real time or to paint in the layer responsible for the brightness of Specular. Tree Shadows / Shader Tree in modo can not violate the freedom of creativity, using the familiar functionality of the layers and masks when painting, borrowed from the popular 2D-editor. In fact, you can import a PSD file in modo and paint separately at each layer in the file. Or you can export UV-Karty/UV-Map drawing in Photoshop.
Fast, multi-threaded with up to 32 cores. Visualization Instance and Replicator to a trillion polygons.
modo 501 is equipped with one of the best visualizers / Renderer to create stunning images and animations, as well as for baking images for game engines. Visualization is a stand-alone or integrated with pre-visualization, which is updated almost instantly when you are modeling, drawing, or change any parameter of the object in modo. Visualization in modo is the most better than the proposals that are rarely combine the speed and quality, and also have a license to Network Visualization / LAN Rendering on the number of workstations to 50 pieces.
Modo renderer engine is fast, with the ability to visualize a trillion polygons per frame of enormous size. modo can render images with a resolution to print size of 20k x 20k using up to 32 cores on each workstation. modo renderer displays great flexibility to balance between the use of memory, speed and quality.
In the Pre-Render modo is constantly displays through any selected camera, any changes in your scene, such as a change in the surface, lighting and materials. If the changes do not occur in the scene, Pre-Visualization will gradually approach the final quality. Such an adjustment to permanent way of a visualizer for your actions carried out hundreds of thousands of test renderings while you work. By the time it will be necessary to do the final rendering, you'll know exactly how it will look like. And you will also quickly learn how each parameter affects the final modo rendering, because you can see every change as it happens.
The precise coverage patterns
Available Global Coverage / Global Illumination and shading of a physical model that provides a mapping of real optical phenomena such as anisotropic smearing of reflections / Anisotropic Blurry Reflections, caustic / Caustics, Variance / Dispersion, Refraction Blur / Blurry Refraction and Subsurface Scattering / Subsurface Scattering. modo includes visualization of the physical sky and sun for accurate sunlight at any point, and also supports Photometric Lighting / Photometric Lighting by standard IES. Supported by the Volumetric Lighting / Volumetric Lighting with Deep Shadow / Deep Shadows.
Modo renderer is able to render a trillion polygons with amazing detail. Mikropoligonalnaya Tessellation / Micropoly Tessellation provides during rendering effects such as skin, slightly rough surface, or even the earth's surface with znachielno high credibility. Replicants will create additional depth and detail, allowing you to add to your scene is almost limitless number of geometries, such as rocks, trees, shells or spikes.
Anisotropic Reflections / Anisotropic Highlights and support the Fresnel reflection / Fresnel Reflections provide a realistic metal surface and the correct Reflections / Reflections and refractions / Refractions at any angle to the camera. You can make a vague direction of the anisotropy of reflection for materials such as carbon fiber. But under the surface, the transparency of the light absorption automatically finds the density of the subsurface for a realistic picture of tropical lagoons, leather or wax.
Fur / Fur
modo supports a variety of complex materials / Material, including procedural and Fur / Fur. This versatile material can create a variety of surface of the hair, tinsel, grass and fur. Fur / Fur textures and can be controlled by a set of parameters, including root bending / Root Bend, Opacity / Transparency and Gravity / Gravity. You can assign a bottle using presets / Preset, and then change it interactively, using the tools of modeling / Sculpting Tools.
Realistic camera follows the industry standards, available control sight / Field Of View, lens distortion / Lens Distortion and focal length / Focal Length. Supports stereoscopic visualization. Spherical projection type camera allows you to create spherical environment map, which can be exported in format HDR.
Modo renderer is specially designed for the job through a temporary allegiance to a few frames. Visualizer is designed to support the animation, with shadows and reflections, even blurred remained stable from frame to frame. Single step of the Global Illumination / Globall Illumination provides a clean and fast frame for architectural animation. Also supported by the Movement Blur / Motion Blurring the camera and objects. Through the MDD format modo renderer can give an animated sequence of frames from other 3D applications.
modo can be used for network visualization on workstations Mac or PC in an amount up to 50 pieces. Each workstation can have up to 32 cores. Installation is simple and mostly automatic. Led by the system will be ready to take Buckets / Buckets on the host system.
Buckets / Buckets, rendered locally, displayed in a gold frame, and those that are on the network - the blue. Each Bucket / Bucket corresponds to one core on a local or network workstation. The underlying network technology Apple Bounjour.
Tree Shadows / Shader Tree
Modo renderer runs in the Wood Shadows / Shader Tree, which is an element of interfeysa modo, and is used to describe the geometry of the objects display settings and the environment / Environment for interaction with light and camera. Tree Shadows / Shader Tree is based on a simple stack Layers / Layer, which combine to give the final result and is already familiar to any user Photoshop. Tree Shadows / Shader Tree also provides complete control over what happens in the final rendering, for example, Reflections / Reflections, Alpha / Alpha, and much more.
Modo renderer can produce a wide range of Conclusions Visualization / Render Outputs, or can be used to bake / Bake more than thirty results, such as geometric normals, diffuse shading, Ambient Occlusion in the texture. Effect of Alpha / Alpha makes it easy to create masks Element / Item Mask for later compositing / Composing. Outputs supported for a wide Range of image formats, including Layered PSD, Layered OpenEXR and a series of PNG files.
Modern animation tools in modo offer control and flexibility
modo 501 offers an animation system that combines a powerful set of features with a modern user interface. With intuitive controls animation in modo you can create animated products for architectural prizentatsy, television, screen savers, and many others.
Animation is done here
modo has everything you need to change the Visibility / Visible, Layout / Position, or any other parameter of scene elements over time. It can be as simple as the animation time of day for studying the sun, or as complex as Rigging / Rigging composite mechanism, such as retractable landing gear. Innovative user interface elements, such as Heads Up Management to adjust the values ??of channels smooth the process of creating animation in modo. Graph Editor and Trackview offer other useful ways to precisely control the animation scene elements and their parameters.
Changing any parameter
Setting Keyframe / Keyframe is as simple as moving in the right frame and Add Key / Add Key after adjusting the values, such as Opacity / Opacity of the object to make it visible or invisible at a certain time. The color designation of the interface allows you to see what values ??are in the keyframes / Keyframe.
There are many features that you can assign a key frame / Keyframe to determine their impact on the appearance and location of an object in space at any given time. To animate the camera, just select the camera with the usual navigation keys are added / Add Key in the right frame. modo will produce a smooth interpolation between each camera position when playing the animation. You can also add the Key Frames / Keyframe for the other attributes of the camera, such as the Focus Distance / Focal Length Lens and Focal Distance.
In modo is possible to create complex structures, which are driven by only a few controls. For example, you can create a rotary engine, which is activated by a single controller to turn the set speed or rotation of the shutter lever.
These structures are controlled abilities to bind modo Channels / Channels of various objects and use restrictions / Constraints and Modifiers / Modifiers to Rigam / Rig. Inverse Kinematics / Inverse Kinematics allows you to move the end of the chain kinemeticheskoy and Dynamic Inheritance / Dynamic Parenting allows you to perform operations such as opening / closing the door by hand. System Modifier / Modifier allows, for example, to add a "shaky camera effect" for greater realism.
In modo you can animate between any number of Morph / Morph strains (Morph is sometimes called Blendshapes). Thus, for example, you can animate between the smiling face and frowning. You can also do a stress test your Morfov / Morph before exporting to other 3D-animation packages. You have the ability sanimirovat Card Tops / Vertex Maps using deformers / Deformers for "thin" effects, the effects of vibration or secondary animation.
Importing and exporting animation
modo is equipped to read and write files COLLADA, a new standard for the exchange of models and animations. modo can also read the MDD files to display animations created in other 3D-applications.
Helpful Hint: Point Oven (not included in modo) is a commercial set of plug-ins designed to bake / Bake vertex and fcurve data in MDD file and available for some popular package 3D-animation.
Render It Out
When it comes to rendering the final sequence of animation frames, modo is ready to do it as a "workhorse" and without flicker or noise. Special step mode for the scene with global illumination / Global Illumination not only stabilizes the result of the animation, but also improves the efficiency of rendering from frame to frame. Use the blur Movement / Motion Blur to get a smooth result for the fast-moving objects, such as the rotation of the propeller or a high-speed traffic.
Use modeling tools or traditional modeling tools as desired. Modeling in modo is not a special regime.
In modo Modeling / Sculpting and traditional modeling are brought together in one application. modo offers two methods of sculpting: Mesh-Based and Image-Based. You can use sculpting tools / Sculpting Tools, to quickly set the desired shape of your model or you can add organic items are not achievable with traditional modeling tools. The combination of modeling and integration in a single application, together provide a great opportunity to create unique 3D-content.
Sculpting tools / Mesh-Based Sculpting brush with the point of changing the existing surface, which is the fastest way to move / Move, Smooth / Smooth, Swollen / Inflate and Align / Flatten geometry. They are ideal for use as a complement to traditional modeling tools, or for a quick draft of the base form, which then receive a detailed method of Image-Based sculpting / Image-Based Sculpting.
Available tools: Push, Smooth, Carve, Flatten, Fold, Inflate, Smudge, Move, Tangent Pinch, Center Pinch, Spin, Emboss, Attenuate, Mask. Numerous types of brushes / Brush are available for each instrument. Typical application with Ctrl has the opposite effect.
Modeling / Sculpting in modo is not isolated, it's just part of a large set of tools that can be used at any time. During the modeling / Sculpting you have access to both traditional modeling tools, and to the drawing tool. Modeling Tools / Sculpting Tools in modo using the exact same system Falloffov / Falloff, Brushes / Brush and Paint / Ink, as well as other tools in modo. From preliminary visualizer you get the look of your work during the modeling / Sculpting. The ability to add or remove a base geometry without import or export Mesh'a increases your productivity. In addition, there is no need to export your model from the modo for baking / Bake Maps Displacement / Displacement Map.
modo can handle this A vector Displacement / Vector Displacement - not only the height of the field. This means that you can store objects, such as a mushroom in the vector map of Displacement / Vector Displacement Map. You can even turn the 3D geometry in Brush / Brush and Sculpt / Sculpting using your ears, or mushrooms.
Sculpting Fur / Fur Sculpting
In modo sculpting tools / Sculpting can be applied not only to create the geometry, but also to control the material Furs / Fur. In modo 501, you can interactively stylize Fur / Fur, using the tools of modeling / Sculpting on the curves, which serve as guides for the hair.
Learn how to share data with other modo-users. Or share files with software packages such as Solidworks 2011, Adobe Creative Suite, 3ds Max, Maya, Lightwave 3D, and many others.
Load the scene the following file formats in modo 601
• Luxology scene LXO
• SolidWorks 2010 and 2011 model sldprt, sldasm (Windows 32 bit and 64 bit)
• Lightwave object LWO2, LWOB
• Autodesk DXF
• Autodesk FBX
• Autodesk 3ds
• Videoscape GEO
• Adobe Illustrator EPS, AI
• Adobe Photoshop PSD
• Wavefront OBJ
• COLLADA DAE (separate download required)
• MDD (import animation data for rendering in modo)
modo 601 allows you to save images in the following formats
• Flexible Precision image FLX
• Targa TGA
• Windows BMP
• Compuserve GIF
• Radiance High Dynamic Range HDR
• JPEG 2000 JP2
• JPEG 2000 16 bit JP2
• JPEG 2000 16 bit lossless JP2
• Portable Network Graphic PNG
• Portable Network Graphic 16-bit PNG
• Adobe Photoshop PSD
• SGI RGB
• Tagged image file format TIF
• 16-Bit TIF
• 16-bit uncompressed TIF
• OpenEXR Half 16-bit. EXR
• OpenEXR Float 32-bit. EXR
• OpenEXR Tiled Half 16-bit. EXR
• OpenEXR Tiled Float 32-bit. EXR
modo 601 allows you to save video in the following formats
Quicktime MOV (not available for modo 64-bit)
• The following list provides an overview of changes and fixes included in Modo 601 Service Pack 2.
• Fixed: Render window defaults to showing the Final Color output upon render completion.
• Fixed: Which events are checked in the Clip List's Gallery Mode so that it will update properly when the list of images changes.
• Fixed: Incorrect error handling when filtering preset browser directories.
• Fixed: Incorrect mesh updating with the weight painting tool when the brush moves off of the mesh.
• Improved: Speed ??of photon mapping, significantly.
• Fixed: Memory leak saving frame render stats to disk.
• Fixed: 1D snapping in item mode.
• Fixed: Bug where enabling Play Real Time in the timeline options did not work in all cases.
• Added: The ability to replace the thumbnail on a preset with the selected render slot.
• Fixed: Bug where RMB to Save Environment as Preset didn't work.
• Fixed: Hair shader in interior scenes.
• Fixed: Bug where the Halftone material was tied to resolution with screen coordinates.
• Fixed: Bug where using the Cage option on a multiresolution sculpted mesh would delete all sculpt data.
• Added: Render Booleans compatible with the Cel Shader.
• Fixed: Bug where vertex color painting did not work correctly with RGBA maps.
• Fixed: Bugs where curve weights could be lost when saving a scene or shifting keys in the graph editor.
• Fixed: Lost keyframe weights for some cases.
• Fixed: Typo in the key.slopeType command.
• Fixed: Surface as Volume to be compatible with UV and vertex maps.
• Added: Volumetric Ambient Color effect which is extremely useful for faking GI in volumetrics through baking.
• Fixed: Potential crash with bad SubD polygons which have duplicate vertices.
• Fixed: Vertex map sculpting tools on discontinuous color vertex maps. This is an important change for editing things like baked illumination.
• Fixed: Bug where open curve creation with symmetry would invert one curve's root.
• Fixed: Bug where snapping could get stuck 'on' in some cases.
• Fixed: Bug where the '=' key would zoom out, instead of in, in the Render Window.
• Improved: Ray intersections with Surface as Volume in some cases.
• Updated: modo's Perl library.
• Fixed: Bug where hitting tab while sculpting would delete all sculpting data.
• Improved: Element action center to support the lazy selection mode.
• Fixed: The select.between command to work with n-gons.
• Fixed: Potential random crash.
• Fixed: Bug where using viewport.maximize with the workplane on would move the viewport camera.
• Fixed: Potential crash when saving a preset.
• Fixed: The weights generated for auto-weighted keys. This was causing the curve shape to change when switching from auto to manual weights, key handles were drawing incorrectly, and other key editing issues. In some situations this will affect curve interpolation in older scenes (eg a span with an auto weighted key and a manual weighted key). Spans with both auto or manual weighted keys shouldn't be affected.
• Improved: Editing of weights on keys with non-manual slopes, by projecting the mouse position onto the handle in screen space. Adds limit for the minimum weight value to the key.weight command.
• Fixed: Post-render handling in headless mode.
• Fixed: Potential crash when adding a command alias twice.
• Fixed: Lazy selection in polygon mode.
• Fixed: Potential crash deleting command aliases.
• Fixed: Broken ScriptQuery interface.
• Fixed: Lasso selection bug causing incorrect selections when changing from ortho to perspective view.
• Fixed: Potential crash with the Assign Selection Set command
• Fixed: Potential crash creating a new form in the Form Editor.
• Fixed: Ppotential crash using the UV Pack command with the Lock Stacked option enabled.
• Fixed: Bug where the poly.merge command would incorrectly add border edges to the edge selection.
• Fixed: Bug where headless modo could steal Space Navigator focus, until GUI modo was restarted.
• Fixed: Bug where Preview was not correctly storing some of its options when closing and reopening a Preview
• Fixed: Bug where Preview did not retain its paused state when switching in / out of the render tab.
• Added: UV tile painting.
• Fixed: Potential crash with loop slice.
• Fixed: Bug where viewport.goto ('g' key) would focus on background elements in some cases.
• Fixed: Potential crash with MDDs when scrubbing the timeilne.
• Fixed: Bug where snapping could fail in different ways.
• Fixed: Drag Snap to place the action center at edge centers.
• Fixed: Bug where toggling a light's visibility would cause a full geometry update for Preview.
• Fixed: Bug with UV tile painting on seams outside the normal range.
• Fixed: Bug with Surface as Volume with shadow rays.
• Improved: Visibility of the unsnapping handle.
• Fixed: Bug where the Graph Editor was not showing keyed channels with less than two keys.
• Fixed: Bug looking up the input map help for non-US English languages.
• Fixed: Several reported and unreported OS X redraw issues.
• Fixed: Buffer overflow when assigning selection sets with long names.
• Fixed: Potential crash when converting a keyhole polygon to Pixar SubDs.
• Fixed: Frustum culling for fur materials on deformed meshes.
• SDK: Removes links to obsolete files from the build setups
• Fixed: Bug where selecting multiple edge loops would fail if the selection included a boundary edge.
• Fixed: Potential crash loading an image brush with backslashes in the file path.
• Fixed: Bug where the Matcap shader would break the alpha output.
• Fixed: Crash starting modo without a local user folder on OS X.
• Fixed: Bug where using undo could break the default action center or geometry snap mode.
• Fixed: Bug where a netrender master could become non-responsive due to network overhead while also rendering.
• Fixed: Potential crash writing non-square buckets to disk during render.
• Fixed: Bug where modified version of keys used in the render window did not work (eg ctrl-S).
• Fixed: Potential crash related to bezier curve polygons with a bad number of vertices.
• Fixed: Bug where geometry would disappear using the move tool with bad bezier curves.
• SDK: Turns on the Symbols Hidden by Default option for the OS X Xcode project.
• Fixed: Bug where MMB lasso selecting instances would fail with a custom workplane.
• Added: Displays alert message for unsupported Alembic morph imports.
• Added: Turns view frustum culling back on for fur by default.
• Fixed: OS X bug where modal dialogs would appear above other active app's windows.
• Fixed: Bug parsing macro arguments that would remove the last character of each argument.
• Added: Stereo composite: (none) option, missing from modo 601 sp1.
• Improved: Command history in crash reporting.
• Fixed: Subdivide command to interpolate weights on curves, fixing bug with rigged hair guides.
• Fixed: Crash when clearing the path field on an MDD influence.
• Fixed: Indirect illumination artifacts on surfaces with high diffuse roughness and bump or normal maps.
• Improved: Render performance for some scenes by 3X or more when using irradiance caching.
• Improved: Performance with many meshes in a scene.
• Fixed: Bug where the snap handle wasn't visible from some angles in the 3d view.
• Fixed: Bug where grid snap is not snapping on the first mouse click.
• Updated: Grid snapping to use the new high-visibility unsnap handle.
• Fixed: Geometry snap with fixed snap so that it snaps to edge or polygon centers.
• Fixed: Bug where selecting overlapping edges in wireframe mode would only select one edge.
• Improved: Handling of case when a texture can't be allocated, possibly fixing crash for some users when changing to the render tab.
• Improved: Fur workflow by copying weight map values ??on hairs from root vertex.
• Fixed: Potential crash when sculpting due to invalid stroke mesh.
• Improved: Pixel shader to fix UV tiling issue.
• Fixed: GL redraw error with Mesh Paint Replica.
• Fixed: Instability with Mesh Paint Instance.
• Fixed: Checkpoint overflow when computing the rotation center for the Space Navigator.
• Fixed: Potential crash in the Weight Tool after adding points to a Weight Container.
• Improved: Windows Space Navigator performance by making message handling more efficient, reducing lag and movement after releasing the puck on large scenes.
• Improved: Item draw performance in scenes with thousands of mesh items.
• Fixed: Bug where zooming in Preview would leave cel / halftone shader edges behind.
• Fixed: Potential crash calling UV commands from a script.
• Fixed: Frame height preset typo for TV Projection 35mm 4k, changing it from 3007 to 3072.
• Fixed: Bug where Loop Slice Preserve Curvature option was not applied properly to Morph Maps.
• Fixed: Bug where the local action center was not behaving properly.
• Fixed: FBX import of vertex color maps exported from 3dsMax 2012.
• Fixed: Potential crash querying texture.uvMap, when the selected texture is an image map.
• Fixed: Bug where the command «tool.flag toolName visible?» Only returned 0 or 1.
• Fixed: Bug where changing the type of a user value to the same type, would clear the value.
• Fixed: Bug where item.presetSave and select.preset did not resolve aliases.
• Fixed: Alembic bug where animation was lost if a file was imported, but not if it was opened.
• Fixed: Bug where shift-scrollwheel zooming in Preview would zoom the render, but not a camera projected environment image. This was a big workflow issue for 3d model fitting to background footage.
• Fixed: Bug where non-linear path constraints were not working.
• Fixed: Skin material's default bump and displacement to match those on the base material.
• Fixed: Bug where geometry snap would snap to hidden items.
• Fixed: Potential crash setting the maximum particles to less than 1 on the Particle Cloud item by limiting the channel to values ??greater than or equal to 1.
• Fixed: Eliminates potential memory leak in render booleans by removing the «remove surface» option.
• Fixed: Bug where the maximum texture resolution couldn't be set to 8192 after being set to a lower value.
• Fixed: Material mask placement in the shader tree in the presence of a MatCap shader.
• Fixed: Channel kelvin modifier to avoid invalid values ??by setting minimum and maximum limits.
• Fixed: Bug where using dissolve on a material was not fading shadows.
• Fixed: Bug where Add to Selection Set dialog was only showing selection sets for the selected layer.
• Fixed: Bug where interpolation properties of brushes were not saved between uses.
• Fixed: Potential crash adding an image map to a blob with preview open.
• Updated: Dimension tool to work with procedural items, such as CAD or gear items.
• Fixed: Bug where network slaves would fail to load some scenes.
• Fixed: Potential crash with the Curve Transform tool when adjusting the Steps setting.
• Fixed: Potential crash in the Patch Curve tool when adjusting the Perpendicular or Parallel settings.
• Fixed: Bug where the Topology Sketch tool would not create symmetrical geometry.
• Fixed: Potential crash in headless modo with the «tool.set TransformMove on» command.
• Improved: Network rendering by adding filtering for resurrected network nodes, prevents slaves in unmatched Network Render Groups from taking part in renders, and logs additional details to the netLog.txt file.
• Improved: Network rendering reliability.
• Improved: Network rendering socket communications.
• Improved: Enables netOut logging, which creates a netLog.txt file in the same folder as modo's main config file, which contains debugging information for network render problems. Users can retrieve these files from their master and slave systems after they have a network rendering failure so that they can be used by customer service to help track down the cause of the failures. These files are erased each time modo is restarted.
• Fixed: Crash when exiting slave mode.
• Fixed: Bug where network slaves would stop participating in renders after 100 + frames.
• Fixed: Bug where the GL polygon count would not update when enabling / disabling multiresolution PSubs.
• Fixed: Bug where mesh metadata purging would cause a lag when changing visibility of many items.
• Fixed: Potential crash with shader tree context menu (RMB) renaming.
• Fixed: Potential crash trying to sculpt using «opaque» images, such as a tiled EXR.
• Fixed: Color vertex map editing on empty vertex maps.
• Fixed: Painting on the selected texture in the UV view.
• Fixed: Differences in hair shader rendering between the Mac and PC.
• Fixed: Bug and potential crash when drag weld did not always weld two vertices.
• Fixed: Potential crash due to recent changes to make the unsnap cursor more visible.
• Fixed: Potential crash canceling scene loading after re-linking some missing assets.
• Fixed: Bug where the Slave Mode dialog box Set Shared Directory button did not work.
• Fixed: Potential crash on startup due to a corrupt modo session file.
• Fixed: Potential crash dragging and dropping an item onto a preset browser folder.
• Fixed: potential crash on start up due to incorrect handling of failures related to modo's session file.
• Fixed: preview on systems that don't support modern textures (such as PBOs).
Feature of the program is powerful but intuitive tool for designing complex geometric shapes using podrazdelnyh surfaces. Over the years the product was gradually transformed into a fully versatile package.